Frequently Asked Questions
Cancelling Registration From a Non-Credit Class or Event
Due to the wide variety of programs that Continuing Education offers, there is no single cancellation policy for all of our offerings. However, there are some common cancellation procedures.
Requests to cancel must be made in writing or by email.
Requests to cancel must be made prior to the start of the event. Ten (10) business days’ notice is most common, but many programs have earlier deadlines. Check program specifics on the program website or registration form. Substitutions are allowed for many programs. Check program specifics on the program website or registration form. Refunds are not issued for no shows. Exceptions to the withdrawal policy may be made for circumstances related to serious illness, travel issues, death in the family, etc. Written documentation must be provided. For approved exception requests, a refund will be provided and the amount determined on a case by case basis.
In the event you withdraw from a class, we are happy to refund your fees according to the policy set forth below. In rare instances, classes with low enrollment may be canceled. We will make every effort to notify you of changes or cancellations. In the event of a cancellation or change by us, we will provide you with a 100% refund or transfer you to an equivalent class.
Course Refund Policy:
- 100% refund for all withdrawals or transfers made ten (10) or more business days (Monday – Friday) before the first day of class.
- 80% refund for all withdrawals or transfers made inside ten (10) business days (Monday – Friday) before the first day of class.
- 60% refund for all withdrawals or transfers made the first week of class.
- 0% refund for all withdrawals or transfers made after the first week of class.
- Exception: For online courses that start anytime no refunds are available once the student has access to the course.
All course materials are returned in as-new condition to the institution at the student’s expense. Such materials must be received within ten (10) business days of the first day of class. The cost of materials not received or those that cannot be returned (such as software, memberships, exam vouchers, or exam sponsorship) shall not be refunded to the student. Refunds shall be paid to the student shall be granted within thirty (30) days following the deactivation date of the program. Refunds paid by cash or check take approximately 2 to 4 weeks to process. If payment was made by credit card, your account will be credited.
Attendance: You must attend a minimum of 80% of all classes to receive CEU credits and a completion certificate. Classes which meet four (4) or fewer sessions require 100% attendance to meet this requirement. For online courses, you must receive a score of 80% or higher on the final exam or course assessment.
Inclement Weather: UWF is not able to issue refunds for classes which have been postponed due to inclement weather or other circumstances beyond our control. We will make every effort to reschedule such classes. Listen to 88.1FM for campus closures or postponed classes.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR CLASS
Non-credit courses and workshops and conferences and events do not require admission to the University.
- Online: Click "Add to Cart" and log in or create a new student profile if this is your first time registering for a Continuing Education non-credit course. For UWF students: This profile is separate from your normal UWF login. Follow the directions to pay for your course. Reminder emails will be sent before the beginning of your course.
- By Phone: Call the UWF Continuing Education office at 850.473.7468 to pay be credit card.
- In Person: UWF Continuing Education is located in on the UWF Pensacola Campus at 11000 University Pkwy, Building 77, Suite 138. Our office is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST.
HAVE A QUESTION?
Reach out to Student Support at email@example.com